Re: [video] Re: question

> Hi Richard,
>
> Really thanks for your reply,
>
> For RGB converted into YUV,I see following equation,
>     Y = 0.2999R + 0.587G + 0.114B
>     U = 0.492(B-Y)
>     V = 0.877(R-Y)
> I am not sure you implement the design by this formula or anything else ?

YUV is the term used for analog signals, YCrCb is the term for the digital
color space. They are not the same!!!

> For Y/C generation,I think it need first create YCbCr format color
> space,

YCrCb to YUV:
Y=0.591(Y-64)
U=0.504(Cb-512)
V=0.711(Cr-512)

RGB to YUV
Y=0.151R + 0.297G + 0.058B
U=-0.074R - 0.147G + 0.221B
V=0.312R - 0.261G - 0.051B

>and also there is some formula as the above one could create YCbCr
> signals,

Just use the block available from the video_systems directory. It's in the
common subdirectory.

>but how YCrCb convert into composite signal is still unclear for
> me,could you tell me how/where I can get the reference/document for this
> algorithm,

The colors are qam modulated, so you need to generate this modulation scheme.
You need a sine/cosine translation to do this, I would suggest using the
cordic algorithm (also available from OpenCores) to do this.
Besides the colors you need to generate sync and blanking signals.

I would suggest buying a good book (e.g. Video Demystified), or outsourcing
this project (I can help you with this).

Richard