RE: [usb] RE: usb

>I glanced at the Open Host Controller Interface, but the legal stuff at the
beginning looked like it might not be compatible with GPL.  Has anyone else
looked at this?

I have. Sadly GPL doesn't meet the license needs for hardware development.
It doesn't refer to hardware, it doesn't provide for protecting related
intellectual property (e.g., fab specifications) that is necessary for
hardware development, and there isn't a clear legal entity to represent the
open source hardware developer.

All we can hope for is that an intellectual property attorney would be
willing to contribute to development of a useful license agreement and the
creation of a legal defense fund/organization. Until then I recommend that
all the core development groups keep track of their contributors as they
will need to release their individual ownership when such a license
agreement is created.

Joe