Re: [openppc] Apple Talk?

>G5 Apple etc.

Hi
The only answer from both MOTOROLA & APPLE: "There is no such thing as G5!".
Apple decided to kill CHRP in 1997 because they are not efficient enough to compete with the clones, their promotion is poor, and there is no "excellent" software on their platform to attract PC users.
Instead of killing CHRP, they should concentrate on "Software-only" company, similar to MS.

I had contacted local APPLE agents in 1995 about list of applications for their platform and the only reply: "Confidential!"

If CHRP was not killed in 1997, a super giant UK-French-Swiss group will support it. Unfortunately APPLE killed it and PowerPC 620 flopped.
I got idea about Motorola creating G5 for Socket A (AMD) or Pentium IV motherboards. This will eliminate the shortage of PowerPC motherboard and chipset. (similar to SiliconFruit approach).
Regards.