Re: [openppc] Articia & Escena

At 14:27 -0500 20-11-2001, Phillip L. Harbison wrote:
>M&M's wrote:
>>  They can, but don't want...
>
>At least Motorola has increased the speed of the MPC107.  I
>believe it is up to 100MHz memory bus now.  But, IIRC, still
>no report for synchronous DRAM, AGP, etc.
>
>>  I did not have time to look at the chips you sent as attachment,
>>  but I think these are not modern enough for a decent G4
>>  implementation. Correct me if I am wrong.
>
>The Articia chip looks promising.  It supports a 133 MHz memory
>bus and SDRAM.  It supports two busses: a PCI bus with 3 slot
>loads and an AGP bus, or dual PCI busses.  In the dual PCI mode,
>I believe the second bus is 64-bit PCI.  I may try a design
>with this chip.  I mainly want to build a server (a dual G4
>version of the Apple Network Server) so AGP wasn't very high
>on my priority list but support for 133 MHz and SDRAM is.

Have you looked at the Galileo/Marvell Discovery GT-64260 ? Dual
64/66 PCI, built-in Ethernet, MPX bus support and much more goodies.

See

http://www.marvell.com/Internet/Products/Product_Family/1,2413,1-4,00.html

HTH,

JDB.
[working on an open hardware dual G4 himself]
--
LART. 250 MIPS under one Watt. Free hardware design files.
http://www.lart.tudelft.nl/