[openppc] Chipset for OpenPPC?

Hello
I am glad this mailing list is open again. I had received spam e-mail because of the old mailing list.

My idea: OpenPPC is halted because the chipset design and production had failed. Perhaps OpenCores.Org can design a new REALLY working low cost chipset as soon as possible. For economical mass production, perhaps OpenCores can use TSMC, INTEL or other efficient contract production facility.

The chipset should be compatible with IBM PowerPC 750 FX 1GHz (G4 is too expensive, the yield is low and APPLE bought all of them). The new IBM CPU will run at 1 GHz, have floating point accelerator and encryption facility. Perhaps in the future, the chipset will also support the "Vaporware" Motorola G5.

For large scale marketing and promotion, either IBM or Motorola (or both) should support this OpenPPC initiatives (similar to Intel Inside campaign).

For support from vendor perhaps this project will involve Yellow Dog (PowerPC Linux), Virtual Programming / Blittersoft (Mac Emulator), TotalImpact, Omnicluster, Ziatech, Powerleap and other vendors. Perhaps in the future it will incorporate AMIGA, OCPA or Palm (owner of BeOS).

Another bright idea from SiliconFruit: creating PowerPC based CPU module for slot1 PC motherboard. Unfortunately SiliconFruit is no longer around.

Regards