[oc] About IrDA and PIC

I see that are a IrDA core, but are writen in verilog, can i convert it to
vhdl format for use it in our FPGA?

I see that PIC (Programable Interrupt Controller) are not implemented as a
core, i think that are a good idea do it, becouse for example on my system
i have a uP that address some devices implemented in the FPGA, and other
such eth or usb that fpga generate cs signal and route interrupts. With a
smaller PIC, this bring the posibility of connect more IRQ devices to the
uP, and don't use IRQ sharing that reduces the spped. I this are a good
idea, where i to start this project?

I'm a very newbye to fpga's, but i'm ver interesting in learn much more.

Regards.