Re: [oc] cloning of processors

At 13:20 23/11/2002 -0100, you wrote:
Hi,

I want to read/write data from Hard disk into the host.
I am using IDE interface for this. Host is Coldfire.(Motorola Amadeus).
After I configured the processor for IDE.

As per the standard of IDE, ATA-3  to read data from harddisk, I wrote
the proper command into IDE command register after proper
configuration.
IDE should send interrupt to host when data becomes ready.
Now PROBLEM for me is IDE is not sending any interrupt. But data on IDE
side is getting ready. If I read data on IDE side after certain time, data
whatever I am reading into host from IDE is correct.

But I want to read after interrupt comes only as I don't want to waste
my processor time by pending on interrupt.
Can anyone answer this what should I do to get interrupt from IDE??

The interrupt must be enabled on bit 1 (/IEN=0) of the control register .
For sector data read/write also DRQ of the status register must take in care :

NOT_READY : BSY=1
COMMAND_ALLOW : BSY=0 DRDY=1
TRANSFER_ALLOW : BSY=0 DRDY=1 DRQ=1

Armando