RE: [oc] SHA-1

I've so far read about the rules and algortihm applied to SHA-1. And
according to what I've observed so far, I figure out that the operation of
sha-1 hardware would be as followed.
sha-1 hardware is set to receive n input bits periodically.  then it
processes them first to be only a 512-bit padded message and finally the
512-bit padded message will be processed any further to be a 160-bit
message digest.
n is any integer number that is, of course, more than zero. And in this
case, i set n to be 24.
so sha-1 hardware is set to receive 24 input bits periodically.

so this is it for now. what would you say?