[oc] discussion on public forums

Heya !

I'd just like to remind everyone that this mailing list is a public place
with about 400 people (not counting digest list). Please be aware of this
fact.

Before you send anything to the list, think twice if it is appropriate.
Maybe it is unrelated to discussion on this list. Maybe there already was a
similar discussion in the past - check mailing list archive. Also if you
want to send a reply to a post on this list, beware that by default this
list sets Reply-To to mailing list's address and not original poster's email
address. Don't send attachments to the list - there is an automatic limit of
300KB for this list however.

Before you reply, think if your reply is appropriate. People subscribed to
this list have different background and their skills are not on the same
level. Try to be tolerant. If somebody is a bit off topic, try to explain
politely to him that this is not the right place. If it is a spam email,
ignore it - administrators are trying to do their best to block spam and
sometimes something slips through - you should see amount of emails that
don't get to the list ! If a particular questions pops up on the list many
times, it should be added to FAQ - maybe we should post FAQ on the list like
on some other lists?

I admit that we could do better job by updating web FAQ more often, write
better descriptions of mailing lists, write some guidelines how to behave on
mailing lists etc. So is here anyone that would help with web content? It
would be good if it is native English speaker or at least with very good
English, also it should know what opencores is about and it should have some
experience with writing web content and with HTML. This isn't a one time
task, but rather a long term help to maintain opencores web content (general
pages like FAQ and not individual project pages).

regards,
Damjan