??: [oc] EEPROM Programmers using FPGAs? now its EPROM vsFLASH time

It's very easy to use FLASH.
Martin has explained the speed of FLASH,but the one thing should be
carefully treated using FLASH, which is
it's life time.As you know FLASH has write access times limitation, when a
position in FLASH have been rewriten
up to 100,000 times it will be crashed that means you will lost your data
which stored in this position.So you need
schedule the writing access very soomthly to extend the total FLASH RAM
lifetime.

sincerely
chen

Hi Paul,
<snip>

>How easy is it to use FLASH? As easy as SRAM? What sort of access speeds
>do you get from them? And how much do typical units cost?

It's as easy to read as SRAM, 80-120ns access times are typical.  Writing is
accomplished by sending (writing) a series of commands and data to the
device, for erasing pages of memory and then writing the data values and
write protecting and so-on.  AMD have good datasheets on their devices.
Dunno about prices, I tend to scrounge samples most of the time at the
moment :-)

Cheers,
Martin