RE: [oc] complex division in Hardware

Sridhar,

like any complex algorithm you should first work out what you know and then attack it from that direction or
try and substitute like conditions to simplify the equation down to something more manageable. If it can be
done in software then it can be done in hardware but without a starting point like knowing what is and isn't
known then you are not going to succeed.

PS Heres your first simplification for you

  c-di
----------  =   ONE !
  c-di

  a+bi      a+bi        (a+bi) * (c-di)
  c+di      c+ di         c^2 + d^2

  a+bi          c-di
(c+di)^2      c^2 + d^2

Now if I only knew some values I would be dangerous! lol

PS Shouldn't the bottom right be c^2-d^2 in your example? Because if it was then I would have to say that of course:   a+bi  = c+di

Paul

If only women were as easy as maths, God I really miss my sexy maths teacher :-(