Re: [oc] EEPROM Programmers using FPGAs? now its EPROM vsFLASH time

Hi Paul,
<snip>

>How easy is it to use FLASH? As easy as SRAM? What sort of access speeds
>do you get from them? And how much do typical units cost?

It's as easy to read as SRAM, 80-120ns access times are typical.  Writing is accomplished by sending (writing) a series of commands and data to the device, for erasing pages of memory and then writing the data values and write protecting and so-on.  AMD have good datasheets on their devices.  Dunno about prices, I tend to scrounge samples most of the time at the moment :-)

Cheers,
Martin