Re: [oc] serial UART in cadence

well. for "import verilog(Vhdl)  " in cadence. you need a std library for
mapping your hdl netlist to cadeence schematic. for example. your should
have a nand2 symbol in your cadence map_lib to map a nand2 gate which in hdl
netlist.if you don't have the std lib, all modules(like nand2) in hdl
netlist will map to a functional cellview in cadence library.

ps. hdl netlist should be in gate level.

actually I don't understand why you need to import vhdl to create schematic.
you can do simulation from prompt.

good luck

Guoqing Zhang