[oc] Re:

Hi!

>  I found your address on the opencores.org website.
>
>  My idea is to build a Java processor. Please tell me what do  you think
> about this.
I think idea is very good. I am SW guy and have some experience in Java,
and based on my observations Java is going to succeed (at least for some
applications).
Alan mentioned that SUN (and others) have already tried to build such
processor. I don't think it is such a big problem to build Java processor
with part of functionality in SW. However I really don't know why Sun's Java
processor
projects failed. I am suspecting power consumption (you must do a lot of
checking
while processing and Java processors were initially meant for cell phones.

Also there is great potential for Java, since you can achieve higher ILP.
TLP (thread level parallelism) can be extracted based on Thread classes,
etc.

>  Also, please tell me what other infos you need about me (CV,
> achievements, etc).
We would be glad to hear something for you, but you can work undercover
too ;) There is no official requirement for that.

Marko