RE: [Mu] Embedded Linux for controllers !!

From: Kautzmann Gerd (gkautzmann@baumerident.com)
Date: Wed Jul 23 2003 - 09:28:20 CEST

    with kind regards / mit freundlichen Grüssen

    Gerd Kautzmann

    --
    /**************************\
    *  Gerd Kautzmann

    I don't think this would be enough, for such a small system it would be
    necessary to compile a new kernel, where everything is disabled you don't
    need ( no VGA, no PCI, only one network device, just a few filesystems )
    even than a system with less than 2MB ROM and 2MB Ram would be hard to use.
    Even most SIM/DIMM PCs have more resources.

    > How and some links/tips plz ??
    I would suggest to do some research for LINUX Versions, that are tuned for
    embedded devices. There should be some Mailing lists and Forums for you too:
    If the hardware restriction is more important than the sytem than you can
    try any other realtime OS. Very often they have concepts similar to UN!X but
    could be tailored much mor easy to your needs.
    Here for Exsample is XINU the name means 'Xinu Is Not Unix' all message
    passing and semaphores are done by passing a pointer so it is very fast and
    small.
    http://public.ise.canberra.edu.au/~chrisc/xinu.html