Re: [Mu] Re: muLinux and Palm (ppp, mugetty) - contd.

From: Vesa-Pekka Palmu (depili@sci.fi)
Date: Fri Mar 14 2003 - 14:36:09 CET

    > Routing table on muLinux (for clarity, I removed Window and Use columns):
    > Destination Gateway Genmask Flags MSS Iface
    > palm * 255.255.255.255 UH 1500 ppp0
    > intra.net * 255.255.255.0 U 1500 eth0
    > 127.0.0.0 * 255.0.0.0 U 3584 lo
    > default brama.intra.net * UG 1500 eth0

    I think that the problem is that there are two routes for the ip address
    of the palm, and as tcp/ip tries to later the routes to balance the load
    across the entire network or something like that, so in packets get
    routed to your lan and the palm on altering turns.

    I suggest that you give your palm a address on another subnet, or
    you could also mask one more byte of the address and use 129 as
    the address for your palm and adresses bellow it as your lan, so the
    netmask for all your local routes would be 255.255.255.128