[Mu] Re: muLinux and Palm (ppp, mugetty) - contd.

From: Darek (darsliwa@poczta.onet.pl)
Date: Thu Mar 13 2003 - 05:53:43 CET

    On Wednesday 12 March 2003 16:28, Michele Andreoli wrote:
    > > Does any of you have any hint how to debug my network? I've already
    checked standard things like routing table on muLinux gateway (btw - I
    understand that pppd itself provides standard gateway service, so no special
    entries in routing table is needed). Ping also shows decent results both
    ways...

    > what you got typing "route"?
    >
    > Michele

    Michele,
    Below you will find the routing table. Nothing unusual here:
    "intra.net" is my home network (192.168.1.0)
    "brama" is my default gateway to Internet (192.168.1.10)
    "palm" is the remote Palm (192.168.1.8 - as set in dialin.opt).
    muLinux gateway for Palm-over-ppp (from where the table was taken) is
    192.168.1.7.
    other hosts on my network are 192.168.1.10, 192.168.1.11, etc.

    Routing table on muLinux (for clarity, I removed Window and Use columns):
    Destination Gateway Genmask Flags MSS Iface
    palm * 255.255.255.255 UH 1500 ppp0
    intra.net * 255.255.255.0 U 1500 eth0
    127.0.0.0 * 255.0.0.0 U 3584 lo
    default brama.intra.net * UG 1500 eth0

    Ping works both ways for any combination of hosts and Palm. Telnet as well.
    However, VNC and web browsing is pretty slow, with some "lost connections"
    (for VNC). It looks like IP packet routing for higher bandwidth traffic does
    not work well :-(

    Regards,
    -Darek

    PS. Michele, I apologise for calling you with family name in my last post.
    Small excuse I have is that I was in a hurry :-(
    PS2. I send my post to sunsite AND sourceforge mailing lists. I am not sure
    which one is currently "politically correct" :-)