Re: Network under Slackware.

From: Karl W. Müller (carlo.tux@gmx.de)
Date: Fri Feb 28 2003 - 01:43:42 CET

    > In slackware I found ifconfig. Is that the program for
    > installing the inferface + the network

    ifconfig ist the command to setup the network interface card.

    ifconfig eth0 will list your first card.

    for further details about the parameters try info inconfig, man ifconfig ore
    apropos ifconfig.

    There should be a script called netconfig wich includes all the necessary
    items for network-configuration.

    BTW: Once I played around with a preconfigured Slackware Server called
    startup-server. It was based on Slack 7.1. I checked the link but can`t find
    it anymore.

    Karl W. Mueller