RE: Network under Slackware.

From: Kautzmann Gerd (gkautzmann@baumerident.com)
Date: Thu Feb 27 2003 - 17:46:56 CET

    Yeno !
    'ifconfig' can start a network connection over a given device
    and
    'ifconfig' can give you some informations about network devices.

    'setup -f eth0' will change some parameters in the mulinux startup files,
    that will give you an existing network after every start.

    Maybe the changed startup files will use ifconfig (or something similar) to
    start the network with every mulinux boot.

    > What are the Slackware commands that can be compared
    > to setup -f eth0 and setup -f Network.

    Some of them could be a part of startup scripts that are configurated by the
    mulinux setup scripts.

    > thanks Karim

    ith kind regards / mit freundlichen Grüssen

    Gerd Kautzmann

    --
    *  Gerd Kautzmann