[mu Setup] X Window Solved for Newbies

From: zaltar (zaltark@yahoo.it)
Date: Tue Feb 25 2003 - 15:02:29 CET

    Thanx buddy, anyway I've already handled it by mean of the wizard. If some other newbie's reading this message follow these steps to install X Window as part of a floppy-based mu:
    1) mount /dev/hda1 /mnt (to prepare the mount point)
    2) fdformat /dev/fd0H1722 (to format the floppy as High compressed)
    3) cat /mnt/mulinux/X11.tgz > /dev/fd01722 (to write the expansion desired on the floppy already formatted)
    4) setup -f port (to get the mouse recognized, to be fair mu will ask you for the modem and the printer too)
    5) setup -f X11 (to install X Window)
    6) wizard (this command launch the wizard)
    7) now you're in front of a kind of DOS interface and in the middle there's a list
    8) using the arrows scroll the list, then push the spacebar to select the particular wizard and launch it pressing return.
    I did that and it worked perfectly and if you think I'm a miserable newbie you can trust in the instructions given.
    See ya, Zaltar.