RE: [mu SETUP] problems with setup on thinkpad 360

From: Kautzmann Gerd (gkautzmann@baumerident.com)
Date: Mon Jan 20 2003 - 16:35:25 CET

> > But the floppy=thinkpad is mamdatory if you would like to be able to
> > use more than one floppy before having to reboot :/ and I
> think that
> > the display can't handle the extended mode, so your best bet is to
> > also get rid of that vga=extended line.
>
> the original boot.bat file is:
> rem muLinux DOS installer
> rem run via ramdisk
>
> loadlin.exe mulinuz initrd=ROOT.gz dosinstall
> [END OF FILE]
>
> I've added floppy=thinkpad to loadlin.cfg, but I couldn't
> find any text file
> with vga=extended in it. When I get to my laptop (it will be
> tomorrow), I'll
> try to add vga=normal to boot.bat.
> Will this work?

I had a thinkpad with mulinux some tome ago. I can't remeber the version any
more ( Pentium V Thinkpad3x0) but I did not have to use the floppy=Thinkpad
option.

How much ram does the thinkpad has ?
Have you tried to install X11 or is it just the plain Linux that did not
work ?

To use the extend mode i had to install a Dos patch programm that was called
befor Loadlin ( but this was later wen I installed Suse Linux)
with kind regards / mit freundlichen Grüssen

Gerd Kautzmann