Re: Windows XP question (newbie)

From: Peter Andersen (peter@young-andersen.dk)
Date: Fri Oct 25 2002 - 15:55:05 CEST

Michele Andreoli wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 25, 2002 at 02:31:29PM +0200, Dumas Patrice wrote:
>
> P.S.
>
> Are we discovering that MS-Windows is better that Linux?
> My heart is open. I'm not fanatic. I think registry is
> better then /etc. But I can change idea if someone has better arguments.

Yes and no
The good thing about registri is that it always this way to do it.
_BUT_ where are all the information on what to do when you need youre
program to do this or this. There are no information in registry. Only
the key.

One thing i love in /etc is all the information the programmer has put
in to the configuration's file.
Normal you don't need any Ressource Book from som company to change the
setup.

In M$ you have to bye a book, read it and then change the configuration.
in Unix open the configuration's file read and change the configuration.

/Peter Andersen

P.S.
You don't have to change you idea, it is a free world :)