Re: ruin anyone anywhere / quarantine the wretch

From: Alfie Costa (agcosta@gis.net)
Date: Tue Oct 15 2002 - 23:24:18 CEST

On 15 Oct 2002, at 22:03, Michele Andreoli <mulinux@sunsite.dk> wrote:

> > Is there some way to have non-subscriber mail set aside for a moderator's later
> > approval? Or disapproval.

> We have no moderator.
> Maybe, we can ask to avoid messages from non-subscribers

It was meant as a hypothetical question -- not as an assertion or assumption
that a moderator now exists. The algorithm would work like this:

1) Mail comes in to mulinux@sunsite.dk...
2) Is it from a subscriber? Goto 5.
3) Not a subscriber, put aside for (hypothetical) moderator.
4) At some point the moderator looks at mail from #3 and deletes spam and other
junk. Maybe moderator also forwards spam to some spam hostile authority, as
htom has just done.
5) Send message(s) to subscribers.
6) End.

Assuming there was a moderator, (or more accurately, a guy who looks for spam),
does anyone know if the above scheme would be possible with sunsite's mailing
list software?