Re: [OFF-TOPIC] Search for a song

From: HTom4722@aol.com
Date: Mon Sep 16 2002 - 20:40:57 CEST

Someone dared use something other than "Pomp and Circumstance"? Wonderful!

These are a form of music called "processional". google "graduation
processional music" and you'll get lots of pages with listings of other
tunes. Lots of the pages will have to do with weddings, but that's just that
there are many more wedding processions than graduation processions (each
bride getting her own, but having to share her graduation.) The tunes are
used in both (and in funerals and in military ceremonies, too.)

If you can remember a particular movie, you might be able to find a music
credits list, too.

htom

---