[mu TECH] installing more serial ports with MOXA Smartio C104H

From: Rudolf Harney (rudolf.harney@web.de)
Date: Fri Jul 26 2002 - 11:39:38 CEST

Hi all!
I have installed muliunx 13r2 on an industrial PC, to get some measurements working. I want to install several serial devices (modem and measurement), so I bought a MOXA Smartio C104H ISA card with 4 more serial ports. I downloaded a linux driver, compatible for kernel 2.0.3x - so should work with mulinux.
The problem is: a shell-script needs the command "mknod" to store the infos about the serial ports, this command is not availlable in mulinux. Can I add it to mulinux? How? (I tried, coppying it from my SuSE linux PC - doesn't work - ... and the gcc addon can't translate the mknod.c sourcecode from www.gnu.org).
Or is there another way, to install the board? Without mknod?
I am rather new to Linux - and just try, what comes in my head - which is sometimes not working ... .

Thanks for hints ...

--
Rudolf Harney