Re: [Req #1045] Virus on the muLinux mailing list

From: Karsten Thygesen (karthy@karthy.net)
Date: Thu May 09 2002 - 13:49:58 CEST

>>>>> "Karl-Heinz" == Karl-Heinz Zimmer <khz@kde.org> writes:

 Karl-Heinz> what about the following: Allow all messages which are
 Karl-Heinz> either having top level Content-Type=text/plain or
 Karl-Heinz> Content-Type=multipart/alternative while containing a
 Karl-Heinz> text/plain part in their multipart section?

 Karl-Heinz> By doing so we could receive all mails that are either
 Karl-Heinz> just plain text _or_ are a combination of plain and html
 Karl-Heinz> text - and there are _lots_ of mails of the 2nd type.

 Karl-Heinz> Would that be possible?

Hmm...it is not that easy - we do not have a full mime parser :-)

We can add spam filter (spam-assasian) and we can make the list
moderated - could any of this help?

Karsten