Re. Mouse

From: cglur@onwe.co.za
Date: Fri May 03 2002 - 09:44:39 CEST

> I dont get along with my mouse.
> I can t manage it to get that stupid mouse running on mu linux.
> I tried to install the Gpm server but it failed.
> I ve a serial Microsoftmouse whith to boutons.
> Dus anybody have a step by step tourtorial on how to get a mouse running.

First of all learn to terminate your lines before 80 char length when you
post email. Perhaps you use software that gives the 'appearance' of
auto wrapping ?

Yes, I too had problems in setting up gpm.
As I remember the question sequence for 'setup' seemed illogical ?
I always though of the mouse and modem as being 'subsets' of serial.
Apparently mouse can be non-serial (ps-type) ?
As I remember, I finally patched manually: /dev/mouse and
/dev/modem. Gpm is something you don't want to be without.

Perhaps you should first get the mouse working, then do gpm ?

-- Chris Glur.

For email and NewsGroups:
* no top posting,
* no html posting
* no lines longer than 80 chars (less is better).