Re: QT embedded floppy disk demo

From: Michele Andreoli (m.andreoli@tin.it)
Date: Mon Apr 22 2002 - 15:23:45 CEST

On Sun, Apr 21, 2002 at 02:23:07PM -0300, Lisias Toledo wrote:
> Emanuele Aina wrote:
> >
> > Lisias Toledo giubilò:
>
> > > Yes, I'm surprised!!! 8-)
> > >
> > > 2.9 Megabytes is A LOT OF MEMORY on a device with 16 or 32 megabytes of
>
> > I know. But other choices (as stated in the article) seems to take more
> > space.
>
> In anothers words, Michele is right. 8-)

Disk space and memory footprint are all good arguments, but my worry
was mainly on the API proliferation.

We have here *at work* the main bug/feature of democracy: if you wish to
program a GUI in Linux you must choice beetwen 15 different graphics API.
I'm exploring lots of internet site: there was in the world dozens of guys
that are, at this moment, implementing the own personal API!
To learn a new API is a slow, laborious process. I wish to not get a
blind alley.

On the other land, in the MS$ dictatorship land, you have a single API,
plus some porting from the Linux world (but I do not know this world very
well; maybe, proliferation apply there also).

The best would be the evolutionistic approach: to sit down and
to wait until the best API will dominate over the others.
I, by myself, like this approach, because this is how the Nature works,
and because my point of view is the point of view of the curiosus person
or the scientist; but, from the point of view of a company's executive?

I keep trying to locate a meeting of Quantum Physicists. But everytime
they set a meeting time, the location changes. And vice versa -- Anonymous