Re: QT embedded floppy disk demo

From: Emanuele Aina (faina.mail@tiscali.it)
Date: Sun Apr 21 2002 - 12:46:20 CEST

Lisias Toledo giubilò:

> Are we going to start a Digital Jihad here? u-HUU!!! Fun! 8-D

No, no, I'm sorry. It wasn't meant to be so caustic. Perhaps I need to
put more smiles all around. :-)

> Yes, I'm surprised!!! 8-)
>
> 2.9 Megabytes is A LOT OF MEMORY on a device with 16 or 32 megabytes of
> memory. If you must share that memory between Applications and User
> Storage, things get worse!!!!

I know. But other choices (as stated in the article) seems to take more
space.

> What's in the line here is the Consumer Pocket. How good is to the user
> waste money on features that he don't going to use? Or so use that with
> a Desktop, that can himselft handle better all that stuff?

Well, you doesn't need to be near your desktop to use its resources. :)
Think about an (ipotetic) 6x speedup of your application only because
you are connected to the net (and your application run transparently on
your home pc).

> But it's the network capabilities that eats memory... 8-)

 From the comparision the space required seems very close to the
requirements of Qt/E but gaining more flexibilty... (senza togliere
nessun articolo 18 :)

--
Au revoir.
Lele...