Re: Debian's cdroms

From: Michele Andreoli (m.andreoli@tin.it)
Date: Fri Mar 22 2002 - 14:23:58 CET

On Thu, Mar 21, 2002 at 11:17:57PM +0100, Christian Leber nicely wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 21, 2002 at 10:53:21PM +0100, Michele Andreoli wrote:
>
> > I always used Schlittermann, indeed. But, "habenda est", as you said,
> > it is not exactly cheap for me.
> >
> > I forgot the site address. I have to seach for the "Schlittermann list"
> > on the web.
>
> http://debian.schlittermann.de/
>
> So, what do you need exactly?
> I'm at the moment a little bit confused, it seems to happen that i
> actually have an current mirror of potato for i386 ;)

Proposition 1: I cannot download an entire distro from the web. I never
downloaded more then 5Mega from the Web.

Proposition 2: my last Debian was a 2r2 (6 CDs from Schlittermann), but
I do not remember the codename. It is 2 year old, I think.
Proposition 3: I wish the last Debian; I can wait for the last
official Debial release ( 2.4* kernel and X11 4.*, etc).

Browsing the Schlitterman site I'd read about the Woody release, but
Schlittermann say: this is non official, special release. I dislike
special releases. So, I will wait the official release.

Proposition 3: I'm NOT interested in distribution over 2 CD,
because I can buy them at every newspaper kiosk.

> Ok, so i could send you some CD's, what do you need exactly?
> (Then I have just do figure out how to send them and what's about crypto
> regulation in italy...)

See Proposition 3 :-)

> P.S. but rsync is also greate and still neccessary

See Proposition 1 :-)

I keep trying to locate a meeting of Quantum Physicists. But everytime
they set a meeting time, the location changes. And vice versa -- Anonymous