Re: the first week with mulinux

From: Stephen Isard (S.IsardDeleteThis@ed.ac.uk)
Date: Tue Mar 19 2002 - 14:32:49 CET

Dirk Heilemann wrote:

> - I miss ~ (=$HOME)
> - for lazy typers: cd /e[tab] should expand to cd /etc/ (is now /etc).
> - Tab completion looks only at the root. Pressing cd e[tab] anywhere
> expands always to cd etc!

This part is under the control of the ile program
http://www.ai.univie.ac.at/~markus/ocaml_sources/ile-2.7/
You can do a certain amount of configuration from the initialisation
file. I think ~ expands to your home directory with tab, even if it is
not directly interpreted as $HOME, but I'm not in a position to check at
the moment.

Or if you've got the space, someone on the mailing list was offering a
bash binary for mulinux not long ago, and you can simply replace the
ile/ash combination with that and have a normal linux shell.

Stephen Isard