Re: the first week with mulinux

From: Michele Andreoli (m.andreoli@tin.it)
Date: Tue Mar 19 2002 - 15:00:43 CET

On Tue, Mar 19, 2002 at 12:06:12PM +0100, Dirk Heilemann nicely wrote:

> I removed your ddate and fortune from profile... sorry, I like
> understandable information.

You removed the only things I consider funny in muLinux :-)

> - a working "tail"
> - a differnt "more"

tail in muLinux is a fake script.
About "more": try "which more" to identify what's the command are you
using. If /bin/more, this is an assembler command; only 222 bytes.
Be satisfied!

> - the system should boot a default profile at startup after x seconds. I can
> not remote reboot the PC now!

"setup -s lock" will store a locked profile.

> - LILO: cloning fails because of the missing lilo (see above). And after
> succesfully installing lilo the lilo.conf is gone. Please copy it to the HD
> as well. Now lilo says "First boot sector doesn't have a valid LILO
> signature".

The LILO requires the SRV floppy disk, sorry.

> - a installation from ftp/nfs to FD or HD

This is a good idea. Try to implement, please!

I keep trying to locate a meeting of Quantum Physicists. But everytime
they set a meeting time, the location changes. And vice versa -- Anonymous