Web-browser for mulinux

From: peter.sieg.ps@hr-gmbh.de
Date: Mon Mar 04 2002 - 16:41:19 CET

Hi there,

I would like to know, what web browsers are available to mulinux...

I know, that Quark - rustic text browser in included.
I also know that netscape 3 is available in NS1+2 package.
Under some other package, Lynx 2.6 is available.

I have at my site, qtscape (app. 2megs with c++ libs).
This is only useable for sites with no frames, https and javascript :-((

What I really want ist a full graphics browser, that can handle https,
javascripts and frames :-))
I assume that would by netscape >=4, mozilla or opera?

Does someone were able to run one of these under mulinux? Especially opera..?
Does netscape needs at least a SVGA X11 server (VGA16 doesn't work?)?
I know, that netscape had some problems with various c libs.. and sometimes
needs a wrapper script..
Does one know of at least a text browser, that can handle https traffic (home
banking)?

Many thanks,
Peter Sieg