Re: Dynamic DNS

From: ZooT aLLures (zoot@farts.com)
Date: Fri Jan 18 2002 - 20:13:36 CET

('binary' encoding is not supported, stored as-is) If you were to use perl for this job your username and password could be placed in hidden fields in a form stored on your local machine or read from a simple config file and possibly even written to a perl generated html page with nothing but a simple "update now" button on it.
I wrote an update page(local html page) for cjb.net using just this trick a while back.
Unfortunately cjb.net wasn't to pleased with the idea of people using their service without looking at their advertising banners "at that time".

In reality though I do think that a "bogus(rustic) DNS system" would be a great addition to the muLinux project, if it can be implemented in a few k or less............But we still could use a central server to feed all this data to........or some sort of a nc or perl related deamon written for muLinux itself to act as a central "DNS" server.
Like I've said about muLinux before........all the tools are there, if only one can figure out how to use them for any purpose desired