[of topic] programming problems...

From: Vesa-Pekka Palmu (vessu@dlc.fi)
Date: Wed Jan 16 2002 - 18:36:14 CET

First of all, I'm not too experienced c++ coder :(

Well after working several hours on my piece of console program
and got it to the point that I was able to do the first compilation,
rooted out some typos, recompiled and got several "incompatible
asigment, const char [variable numbers] to char[25]" this is due a
part of the program where I'm trying to asing constants strings
("like this") to a varible, each of the constants is shorter that 25
chars (null char included)

the code that is causing the problem is (in sort form) something
like this:

void main (void)
{
        char variable[25];
        variable="string";
}

I have used all my little knowledge of programming on this one, but
the problem remains and my hair is getting shorter :(

"We are the Windows. Your life as you knew it is over. Your biological and
technological identities will be removed from our own. stability is irrelevant.
Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated."

Vesa-Pekka Palmu AKA Depili
E-mail: depili@sci.fi
ICQ#: 12379430