Re: Compiler settings

From: Stephen Isard (S.IsardDeleteThis@ed.ac.uk)
Date: Wed Jan 16 2002 - 14:51:41 CET

Fabio Soldati wrote:

> I’ve a newer Linux distribution and would like to compile some apps for
> muLinux.
>
> Is there a way to urge the compiler/linker to use libc5 and i386
> optimizations.

I've used a libc5 kit from Tom Oehser (of tomsrtbt) with success on a
couple of occasions. He seems to have withdrawn it from the tomsrtbt
mirror sites, however. I've seen a message in the tomsrtbt archives to
the effect that he's working on a newer, better one. I can put the
archive I downloaded, toms-libc5-kit-0.3.tar.gz, on an ftp site if you
can't find it elsewhere. There is nothing in the documentation to
suggest that he would object.

There is also an informative page at
http://ecg.mit.edu/george/gcc5.html, with pointers to various other
libc5 compiling methods, but I haven't tried any of them because the
toms one has worked for me so far.

Good luck,

Stephen Isard