RE: [non-mu] Samba problems

From: Vesa-Pekka Palmu (vessu@dlc.fi)
Date: Sun Dec 16 2001 - 18:44:33 CET

> have you done a computer search(search for the IP address to) from FIND on
> the start menu sometimes the other computer "is there" but Network
> Neighborhood wont show it.

Tried using the network neighborhood, find and my favourite, the
console ´net´command, find and network neighborhood don't find
anything, net view shows that the laptop is there, but won't let me
access any shares :(

> Also, this one got me for about 2 hours (I felt soooooo stupid)are you
> running any kind of personal firewall on the windows machine?

Well I have a norton firewall running on the desktop, but disabling it
won't do any good, I also have made rules to allow _all_ network
trafic in my lan. And if I initate the connection from the laptop

"We are the Windows. Your life as you knew it is over. Your biological and
technological identities will be removed from our own. stability is irrelevant.
Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated."

Vesa-Pekka Palmu AKA Depili
E-mail: depili@sci.fi
ICQ#: 12379430