[mu SETUP] weird problem's..I am 99% there!

From: Lee Hughes (leehughes@totalise.co.uk)
Date: Tue Dec 04 2001 - 04:16:53 CET

Hi, just discovered mulinux..yum yum! nice stuff. I've installed it a couple
of time on some desktop machines of mine...no problem..fine install :-).
I have come across and old laptop, it's a toshiba T1910CS, it has 8megs
of ram, and a tiny 12mb harddisk!? it's a 486sx (poor thing), but it has a
colour screen!! hooray!

I rescued the poor thing from a skip(rubbish bin),
windows works fine on it, so I don't think I have a hardware problem.

I'm having trouble installing the latest version of mulinux
( mulinux-12r2.tgz 23-Sep-2001 11:29 1.9M )

I am using method B (boot from dos) to get a install going,
and select option 1 (boot/usr/root). at this point it runs out of swap space
:-(, and the rest of the process although it looks like it complete's okay,
I reboot with resulting disk, and get lots of file ext2 filesystem error's
when it tries to mount the USR part of the floppy :-( :-(.
I presume that's because I'm running out of swap space on my dos partition
:-(.

I have tried using method a, but it's seem the bios on the machine refuses
to boot the resulting disk, I get a rather unhelpful 'boot failed' message!.

Please feel free to flame me if you think trying to install linux on to this
throw away system is silly!

Cheers,
Lee

Totalise - the Users ISP