Re: Spam

From: HTom4722@aol.com
Date: Thu Nov 29 2001 - 15:07:30 CET

In a message dated 11/29/01 6:42:32 AM Central Standard Time,
m.andreoli@tin.it writes:

I think it's a side-effect of one of those viruses that uses the mailbox
addresses; in that code's broadcasting of itself, it managed to send the list
address to a spammer, or someone who took the names and sold them to a
spammer. Doesn't have to have been anyone who's actually on the list, just
someone who had the address in their mailbox, perhaps from an article or
posting somewhere else.

It is a royal pain, I agree.

htom