Re: Spam

From: Stephen Isard (S.IsardDeleteThis@ed.ac.uk)
Date: Thu Nov 29 2001 - 14:56:45 CET

Michele Andreoli wrote:

> Why? Did someone noticed similar traffic's explosion on its mailbox?

I read that there are viruses which are sending a lot of unwanted
messages these days, without the owner of the machine even being aware.
The problem gets worse as more people have permanent cable connections,
and infected machines just keep sending messages continuously.

> I hate unsolicited emails, because they declass the receiver at the
> rank of a simple anonymous terminal.

In the virus case, even the apparent sender is an anonymous victim.

Stephen Isard