Re: Some Addons...

From: Emanuele Aina (faina.mail@tiscalinet.it)
Date: Tue Nov 06 2001 - 21:54:38 CET

Dumas Patrice <dumas@centre-cired.fr> suggerì:

> I can only make an advice. Maybe it could be interesting to look at

> uclibc instead of libc5 ? It seems to me that uclibc is smaller. Maybe

> it hasn't all the features of libc5, however.

I'm using uClibc and seems to work well, but I'm going to test it more
deeply the next week (as soon as I have the time :-)

uClibc aim to be compatible with the glibc, so it will be easier to
have fresh software for mulinux, instead that use only old version
for libc5. However, I must admit taht I have not compared the size of
the libc5 generated binary with those of uClibc.

Ah, mulinux is wonderful and, as seen in this thread, is going to became
better.

Che dire, grazie Michele :-)

--
Au revoir.