Re: 4 MB: no cloning starts / running 'lowmem'

From: Michele Andreoli (m.andreoli@tin.it)
Date: Wed Oct 24 2001 - 14:45:06 CEST

On Tue, Oct 23, 2001 at 05:25:09PM -0400, Alfie Costa nicely wrote:

> Is 'lowmem' called by another script? Maybe it, or something like it, could be
> run alone.

It is called by the father script: /linuxrc.

> The 12/19/00 version of 'lowmem' uses ash functions, like 'try_dos_swap()' and
> 'try_linux_swap()'. Functions are faster that script code, but also consume
> precious RAM. In 'lowmem' these functions are only called once, so they can be
> safely "unrolled"... that is their code can be put into the main script, and
> the functions deleted.

I do not know how ash handle in-line functions like that, but surely in this
form they consume further RAM. Some little kb?

I keep trying to locate a meeting of Quantum Physicists. But everytime
they set a meeting time, the location changes. And vice versa -- Anonymous