mkdir -p

From: Stephen Isard (S.IsardDeleteThis@ed.ac.uk)
Date: Mon Oct 15 2001 - 11:43:29 CEST

Michele,

I've noticed that the setup program contains a few calls to mkdir -p,
which is supposed to make any missing parent directories of the
directory it has been told to create, and not give an error if the
directory is already there. However, on my 11r2 and 12r2 installations,
mkdir is linked to busybox, which doesn't know about the '-p' flag.
(I have never had a problem with this in normal use. I had to mess up
my system pretty badly in order for it to come into play.)

Stephen Isard