Re: mu SETUP : UMSDOS installation on a NT machine, without floppy

From: Michele Andreoli (m.andreoli@tin.it)
Date: Fri Oct 12 2001 - 21:00:10 CEST

On Fri, Oct 12, 2001 at 05:15:56PM +0000, Guillaume Cornet nicely wrote:

> Does anybody know a way to install in UMSDOS, on a Win NT machine,
> without the installation floppy ? I have

Hello Guillaume,

I strongly suggest you to not try to install UMSDOS over NT.
I think this is simply not possible, because 1) muLinux (and Linux)
cannot access NTFS read-write 2) loadlin.exe (the boot loader) is a
command designed for DOS and I will be greatly astonished to see it
working in a NT machine.

You have two good raisons to not try this kind of installation.

I keep trying to locate a meeting of Quantum Physicists. But everytime
they set a meeting time, the location changes. And vice versa -- Anonymous