Re: How to install StarOffice in muLinux ?

From: Michele Andreoli (m.andreoli@tin.it)
Date: Mon Sep 17 2001 - 20:00:51 CEST

On Mon, Sep 17, 2001 at 11:44:03AM -0400, Richard Holt nicely wrote:
> Hello Michele,
> >
> > I, for fun, added StarOffice and OpenOffice in a muLinux running from
> > the CD-ROM. This is because Staroffice comes with its own set of
> > libraries, included libc (it uses the LD_LIBRARY_PATH trick). Only
> > some problem in the installation script, because some little unix program
> > is missing in muLinux.
> >
> This is interesting. Brings up some great possibilities.
> How'd you do it? Would you, please, post the process?

I simply unpacked the big archive for 5.2 in /usr/local, being
under muLinux. There is a script the install. But it is for bash.
It is the script program/setup.

Ispecting it, we find some problem. It call the program "test",
absent in muLinux. The script use it in order to do if-then-else
structures. I do not remember: may be "test" is built-in in ash?

If yes, you can change $test with test.
Otherwise, import a "test" libc5.

I'm checking: true; libc6 are required. libc6 are in the PERL
addon.

I keep trying to locate a meeting of Quantum Physicists. But everytime
they set a meeting time, the location changes. And vice versa -- Anonymous