Re: How to install StarOffice in muLinux ?

From: Karl-Heinz Zimmer (khz@kde.org)
Date: Sun Sep 16 2001 - 09:15:03 CEST

On Saturday 15 September 2001 09:28 pm, you wrote:
> Hi all,
> We have some pre-loved machines and we want to use them. Most are P -
> I, 166 Mhz / 16 MB / 630 MB. We have installed muLinux on the system.

> Is there any (micro) office suite available for muLinux ? We have tried
> installing starOffice but it is very memory hungry, it *really* takes
> ages to install and the machine hangs during installation.

1. There is no way to work with StarOffice on a 16MB machine.

2. Did you consider using the lyx?
   It is an easy way to code (La)TeX documents - a good start into the
   world of TeX.

Karl-Heinz

--
Karl-Heinz Zimmer, Senior Software Engineer, Klarälvdalens Datakonsult AB
<mailto:khz@klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se>            <mailto:khz@kde.org>