muLinux stalls upon hard-disk installation

From: Ian Elliot (ian@hfs.dhs.org)
Date: Sun Sep 16 2001 - 05:21:16 CEST

        While installing muLinux 11r12 following the "install from
DOS" instructions, muLinux stalls right here:

---------------------------
Installing SRV addon ...
---------------------------
Completed 22%

<Stall>

The hard drive still has activity going, as shows the HD LED and as my
ears sense.

On previous attempts of installation it has stalled on USR at 70%
completed. (In that exact spot twice, in fact.)

I can't begin to imagine what's going on. I did segment the files so that
I could fit them on a floppy disk, but the md5sums are correct after
reassembling the files.

Any ideas on what the problem is?

--Thank you,
--Ian Elliot