Re: What will happen to liberty?

From: Sven (SvenConrad@gmx.net)
Date: Thu Sep 13 2001 - 16:26:21 CEST

At 03:59 AM 9/13/01, you wrote:
>At 21:47 12.09.01 +0000, Cenobyte <cenobyte6@home.com> wrote:
> >I fear for what will happen to freedom and liberty because of this, will, in
> >order to protect themselves from outside terror, the Americans give up
> >essential freedoms? I hope not, because if they do, then the terrorists
> >have truely won....
>
>I rather feel pain and sorrow with the victims, on any side.
>What a loss of lifes and hopes ! What a misery to so many
>families ! Calling it 'punishment', the very same misery will
>be brought by the US, the Nato to other families. It's just
>more misery and more pain and more sorrow, not liberty and
>freedom. Who has won ?

I have no doubt, the reaction will be inappropriate as this border and air-
space shutdown already has been. Who ever will be in a coalition for
the back strike, it will increase the hate, of which is already plenty of
there. The increase of surveillance will take away everybody's privacy
day by day, no meter if you live here in US or in Europe, Japan ....
and so on.
But the saddest part is, it will not make anything better. This attack
has been easy and cheap (My opinion - in contrast to what the new
are telling) Suicide attackers are always the nightmare of security
people. Who thinks, the Israel government has not tried everything
to prevent attacks but they have none to little success.

/sven

Tracking #: 2468145A62184748B7496CA993D4B8721C1B905B