[SETUP] mulinux cloned to HDD; can't install addons (22% stop)

From: Maciej Kalisiak (mac@cs.toronto.edu)
Date: Thu Jul 26 2001 - 04:53:19 CEST

Hi,

Can someone tell me how to diagnose my predicament? I did the basic setup and
have a cloned to HDD myLinux running nicely, but now when I try to add the
other addons from the 1772 floppies, the Unpack command gets stuck at 22% and
never goes on from there. This is on a 486DX33 with 100Mb disk and 4Mb
memory. I've got an 8 Meg swap file. This is all on UMSDOS setup on DOS
6.22. I though that maybe it's running out of memory and the system is
thrashing (HDD led is on constantly then, system slow to respond), but doing
'free' in another tty shows that the swap file is barely used, and about 200K
RAM free...

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

--
Maciej Kalisiak|mac@] "Linux... Find out what you've been missing while you've