Re[2]: fractured french

From: Maxim Belooussov (m.belooussov@chello.nl)
Date: Mon Jul 02 2001 - 23:03:51 CEST

Hello Joshua,

>>>How about these ASCII codes (in hex):
>>>82 ? > 85 ? > 8A ? > 8D ? > A0 ? > A1 ? > A2 ? > A3 ? > --

JH> I use a system-dependent trick to generate these two, and it seems that
JH> Hotmail
JH> does not like 8-bit ASCII. What you have to do is imbed those into a file
JH> with expr,
JH> like so:

# expr c 120 >>> file

That's not hotmail that does not like 8-bit ascii, but the email
client problem. I use hotmail with cyrillic 8-bit encoded characters -
it works great.

I think it's the email client that "thinks" that all messages should
be 7-bit, therefore it decodes the extended characters wrongly.

--
Best regards,
 Maxim